Treadmills and exercise bikes are the quipment used in gyms and
homes to replicate running and cycling in the outdoors. Due to the
terrible whether and danger of running/cycling in the dark in winter
these items are very useful. A good quality exercise bike should
- Heart rate monitor
- LCD console that displays Speed, Time, Distance, Calories Burned,
Watts and Pulse Rate.
- Resistance settings.
- Adjustable seat post,
- Seat saddle, console post and
- Floor levellers.
- Transport wheels
A good quality treadmill should contain,
- A scrolling information bar providing various feedback.
- LCD bar should contain time, distance, speed, energy consumption,
elevation and heart rate.
- Settings such as hill walk, hill jog, hill run, rolling hills,
fatburner 1 & 2, cardio and fit programs.
- Heart rate control and monitor.
- Sturdy handlebars.
- Safety-stop switch and
- Cushioned, impact-absorbent running track.
- Electronic elevation adjustment.
Posted on 24 / 01 / 2006
ProAction G6465 Discovery Treadmill
Not the cheapest treadmill on the market, I paid around £650
for my ProAction treadmill about 18 months ago. During this time
it's worked perfectly and has suffered from no faults whatsoever.
The trump card of this treadmill is the folding mechanism which
is hydraulic, it means it requires no effort for folding it up.
It's easy to store and takes up little space. It offers plenty of
speed settings to suit every runner. I cannot recommend the ProAction
Discovery treadmill highly enough.
User Rating -