ISPA stands for Internet Service Providers Association. The Web
address for this association is provided below,
This association was formed in the year nineteen ninety five, as
the genus of Internet usage was eking out a foothold in the lives
of UK citizens. In 2010, the ISPA was comprised of around about
ninety percent of all ISP's currently operating in the United Kingdom.
The ISPA has a code of practice for it's members, which is found
at the below address,
The general requirements of this code of practice are outlined
- Indicate they are a member of ISPA to customers.
- Ensure their service is not used for illegal purposes.
- Ensure users of their service conform to UK decency laws.
- That offers, promotions and claims made of their ISP service
- The trading service is 'fair' to customers and other businesses.
- The terms and conditions of customer's accounts are clearly
Therefore, if your ISP is a member of the ISPA, and you believe
they have failed to meet any of the above, or any other statute
of the ISPA's code of practice, you may consider it worthwhile to
contact the ISPA to raise your dispute/complaint.